MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: users cant access there messages when activated
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello people, i have a problem regarding the user messaging, it seems that the user cant access there private messages, here is the error it gives:
You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:

1.Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource.
2. You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
3. Your account may still be awaiting activation or moderation. (Resend Activation Code)
4. You have accessed this page directly rather than using appropriate forms or link.

i have made a user account and activated it but still no success Sad
can someone help me please.
Go to "User & Groups" (in the ACP) and then hit "Groups" on the left-side panel. Click on the group that the PM system isn't working for, Select the "Users and Permission" Scroll down to "Private Messaging" and make sure that "Can use private messaging?" & "Can send private messages?" are ticked.

If they are, them come back and let me know.
(2012-02-18, 10:49 PM)sparkks Wrote: [ -> ]Go to "User & Groups" (in the ACP) and then hit "Groups" on the left-side panel. Click on the group that the PM system isn't working for, Select the "Users and Permission" Scroll down to "Private Messaging" and make sure that "Can use private messaging?" & "Can send private messages?" are ticked.

If they are, them come back and let me know.

THANK YOU!! Big Grin