MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Update to new version with themes en templates etc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,

My forum is on 1.6.5 and I want to update to 1.6.6 but I not dare it because I have a lot of changes on templates and my theme.

I have read the wiki from Mybb of upgrading but there not my questions ar asnwered.

My question is how to update the forum without losing the things I edit from the templates and theme. If I upoad the new files of the new version (without settings and config) and I go to the forum everything is gone wat I edit from the templates and themes.

So wat are the steps from a to z for updating my forum without losing the changes on my themplates and themes.

Can someone gif me step by step wat I need to to upgrading succesvol
I don't want to do dis annymore because always I lose my changes and I see the new version have al lot of security so I want to make my forum better and want to upgrade.

So someone that can help me Angel
Well, the 1.6.6 doesn't have any template changes. So no it will not hurt your template. When the new 2.0.0 comes out, that is when you need to worry.

There are readme files in the mybb download documentation so it will help you through the way.

1.6.6 only has security upgrades. So you will be fine.
(2012-02-19, 01:06 AM)sparkks Wrote: [ -> ]Well, the 1.6.6 doesn't have any template changes. So no it will not hurt your template. When the new 2.0.0 comes out, that is when you need to worry.

There are readme files in the mybb download documentation so it will help you through the way.

1.6.6 only has security upgrades. So you will be fine.

oke, so if I download this one: Changed Files Package (MD5 checksum: 4bc870306925bf40643ad7550479c741)
and I upload this one to my server and over overwrite the "old" files nothing will change to my templates or theme???
I see forumdisplay.php and newthreads.php that this files are also new but I have change some things at the display on my themplates and theme but this is all safe???

Thanks for helping
Please can someone confirm my last question?
Someone ?