MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can someone do this?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Does anybody here know how to hack a forum? i need someone to check my forum for vulnerabilities or any other ways for hackers to gain access.

Thanks, i prefer a well known support member rather than a new member here.
Better to ask @ HF.
If you mean HF as in HackForums then they will just hack me rather than help.. have you seen the reviews they have?

Also, i doubt they know how to prevent them considering their DB got hacked a released everywhere with 200k users on it.. so yeah ;D Thanks though.
link to your site?
May i ask why your username is bye and why you have been denied support.
Like 99% of the user on Hack Forums do not know how to hack.

Anyway, if you are running MyBB and want to make sure your site isn't hackable, then you have to upgrade to latest version, hide the ACP, be careful from shared webhosts (I prefer to host my site(s) on VPS) and that's it basically.
latest versions are installed, php 5.3 is about to installed as its the most stable and secure..
I am on 1 out of the 3 vps's i host a 1 dedicated server Toungue acp is hidden
At the very least run Havij or Acunetix on your site and see what comes up. Not the same as a good pentester obviously, but it should show you at least a few vulnerabilities if you have any.