MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Theme just disapeared
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was making a theme for myBB mods site, and I went to view it, and no images showed. I double checked the location of everything etc and they were all right. So I change to a different theme and they too had their images lost. And I did not even touch that theme.

So, I restored my database with all the data thinking it would all come ok again, and it didn't. The images still wern't there. And I havn't touched the php files or anything, just the admin cp add themes area which was restore by a DB back-up.

How could this have happened?? All I did was add new template set, name it, add new theme, name it add some values to the theme, save it then go view it and this started. Maybe something in the theme's add section ruined the php files somehow or perhaps ........................... I dont know, Ill let you figure it out cause no there is no images, only colors value's.

Even the logo, on/off/lock, and things like that dont show. Not a single image. Any help please??
did you try to right click the broken images and click "Show images"? try pressing F5. it might be just some bump in YOUR webserver, as the forums themselves aren't responsible for holding and containing the images. try reaching the images via a sole URL (yoursite.com/images/on.gif) and see if you can view the image. if u can then yeah i guess it would be a bug.
Yes, I tried F5, and yes, I tried show images.

And the server is fine, as it isn't actually one. Its on my computer so it should load instantly.

And yes, I can access the images via a direct link, so it is myBB.
Link to it?

It's not possible for MyBB to just delete themes unless something has been changed, or something like that.
I cant link you to it cause like I said, its on localhost. I can however give screenshots which are attached.

Like I said, I restored the database, and didn't touch any of the php files, so for it to be like this, it would have to have edited settings.php or config.php I think??

Btw, I was wrong. Some images do display, but only some images that are specified in the theme area of the Admin CP, such as the thead_bg.gif and tcat_bg.gif. Everything else isn't shown.
It doesn't seem to be using the table width's either. Can you right click one of the images, select properties and tell me the path its pointing to?

Also, if you do SELECT * FROM mybb_themes; (change mybb_ to your table prefix), does it list the imgdir and tablewidth values for the specific theme there?
ok, I selected an off image and I got: http://localhost/Forum/#%2Foff.gif or the on image: http://localhost/Forum/#%2Fon.gif

Very strange. No images/ and a #%2F Confused

Also, after running the SQL quiry, I got:

Imgdir = images
maintablewidth = 96%
tablewidth = 100%
tablespace = 4
Because you have custom modifications, it could be one of these conflicting. Try removing some of them and we'll see what happens.
ok, I removed all mods, but still no effect.

Edit: I just removed all forums but one, and all members but me, rebuilt all cache's, did db maintainence and recount stats just in-case. Still no effect.

This is getting really confusing. And like I said, I did a full database back up from when it was working so it isn't that, and no php files were touched by my while making my theme, and only two files are writable, settings and config, but they seem to be ok.

Perhaps something went wrong in the theme making process?? Cause it was fine till I clicked to go view the theme I just made. Its the only explaination I can think of. Anyone have any other idea's??
Wait wait, is this theme the default theme?

I had this same problem. The only way I found to fix it was to set every user to that theme directly, rather than the default theme. (Sorry, it's 6AM. @_@)
Pages: 1 2