MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: can I install another language & still keep my language variables??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
heya ^_^

i want to install another dictionary in place of the english (american) one since the place where i live would use an english (uk) dictionary but i don't want to get rid of my language variables cuz i have quite a bit of html written in between them. is it possible?? Huh

thank you super much in advance!!
yes, make copies of current language directory and its associated main file (eg. directory english & file english.php) with your unique names
say myenglish.php file & myenglish directory ; edit myenglish.php to change properties esp. Friendly Name & Language in <html> tag
@ranjani hey ^_^ thanks for answering, but i'm not 110% sure about what you mean. can i just back up my "inc/languages/english" folder, install the new english dictionary, then put the old "english" folder back, or how do you mean??

my problem is that we use the uk spelling of colour & the american dictionary spells it color. whenever i type "colour" in a post it says that i've spelled it wrong. i would just like to change that & maybe 1 or 2 other words we spell differently as well.

thank you for your help with my problem!!
^ well, I mean that you can have two or more sets of same language by copying , renaming and changing the properties ...

AND MyBB by default doesn't indicate that spelling is incorrect - it is the dictionary used for browser (esp. firefox , opera) ..
ah!! mr @ranjani, thank you ^_^ i wasn't aware that it was firefox causing this, but come to thing of it, it's pretty obvious. i feel kinda stupid right now. thanks!!