MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [BETA] MyBB Multiforums Mod for MyBB 1.6.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello All,

I wanted to share with you something that I have been working on for a long time. I've finally gotten to a point where I can release a stable version of the MyBB Multiforums Mod as BETA for MyBB 1.6!

Here is a link with more information and installation instructions.

This new version is completely compatible with MyBB 1.6.6. If you are familiar with my version for MyBB 1.4, then this will blow your mind. It is a complete rewrite of the mod and is meant to be a complete forum hosting solution, which means that it has its own CMS built into it as well.

Here's a link where you can view the script in action:
www.mybbmultiforums.com

As far as I know this is the only freely available multiforums script for MyBB!

Here's a listing of features that I have so far:

* Run your own MyBB forum host
* Support for MyBB 1.6.6
* Support for subdomains - each forum gets a forumname.yourdomain.com domain!
* Custom CMS system - This is a full ready-to-go forum hosting solution.
* Manage your forum hosting site with our CMS!
* Advanced forum host ACP - View forums, delete forums, search hosted forums and more!
* Email based pruning
* Easy Ad Manager - Force ads on the headers and footers of hosted forums!
* Lightweight MyBB Themes - Custom method of installing MyBB themes, as to keep your database lean!
* Multiple Admins - You can have multiple site admins - the user login system is integrated with a MyBB forum!
* User accounts - This integrates with a MyBB forum, allows your users to log in to the CMS and view their forums and go to them from one page!
* Custom theme system for CMS - Skin the MyBB Multiforums Mod to look how you want!
* Dangerous MyBB Admin functions disabled!
* AND MORE!

If you are interested in this please try the mod out and let me know what you think!

More information, including how to install, can be found here.

Thanks,
BMR777
thank you so much !!
Somethink weird (tested in http://www.mybbmultiforums.com/):

[Image: HD2Jf.png]
^It seems that because it might be counting birthdays from all the databases (dbs of all subdomain forums) hosted on the board.
What it is is that the master forum which the script runs off of copies some settings to the child forums when they are created. I have the child forums set to have their user cache rebuilt when created, however it seems that the master forums were getting spammed and the spammers were adding birthdays, but I am not clearing the birthdays cache.

If you clear the cache for the birthdays in the ACP it should be fixed. This is a bug and I will note this for fixing in a future release. Smile
Hi,
Mod I installed successfully but creating forum fails to name the access section.
After clicking the Create button in my forum ;
it gives an error ;
There has been an error!
Your forum access name is too short. It must be between 6 and 20 characters. Please go back and enter in a valid forum access name.

between 6 and 20 characters already in the access name. The problem must file domake.php .
The chapter domake.php Dossier

}

$islong = strlen($fname); //Get the length

if ($islong > 100) {

$pass = "no";
	$error = "Your forum access name is too long.  It must be between 6 and 20 characters.  Please go back and enter in a valid forum access name.";

} 
	if ($islong < 100) {

$pass = "no";
	$error = "Your forum access name is too short.  It must be between 6 and 20 characters.  Please go back and enter in a valid forum access name.";

}
Please Help!
How do you get hold of the premium version? also i can't access your forum @ http://rusnakweb.com/forum/
I'd also be interested to know about this. If you don't support your mod anymore, please let us know, so that we're not wasting time anymore. I get errors from the ads, can't edit them or delete them (which is absolutely silly), can't get in touch with you, your rusnack forums are dead (mysql database errors). Love the plugin and would love using it, let us know please if you can be hired to do some tweaking, or should I hire a programmer to finish your job?
Does anyone have this? Links in OP are dead.