MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PHP UPgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have 5.2.17 and maybe upgrading to 5.3, is 5.3 faster or just more secure?

i also tried changing the php handler on 5.2.17 to suphp and i got some access denied error's in my footer.. i recall seeing the /tmp directory in one error.. whats all this about?
How is this related to MyBB?
? try reading it. also php is the main extension of mybb core files so ... you sir, are a fail.
5.3 is faster and more secure, yes. As well as being more up-to-date.
I've upgraded from 5.2.16 to 5.3.2 long ago, and then all the way through 5.3 stages without a problem. At 5.3.10 now.
If you have your own server, I suggest installing the remi-repo and just using yum update.
This forum isn't for support with PHP. It's for support for MyBB, hence the name "MyBB 1.6 General Support".

Why not check the PHP website itself?
Yes and MyBB language file also written in English.. should this forum allow English related questions such as grammar and spelling? Rolleyes
(2012-02-19, 11:03 PM)AlliedManiac Wrote: [ -> ]? try reading it. also php is the main extension of mybb core files so ... you sir, are a fail.

(2012-02-20, 03:11 AM)Richard Wrote: [ -> ]Yes and MyBB language file also written in English.. should this forum allow English related questions such as grammar and spelling? Rolleyes
(2012-02-19, 11:03 PM)AlliedManiac Wrote: [ -> ]? try reading it. also php is the main extension of mybb core files so ... you sir, are a fail.

I speak and type how i like.. dont like it? dont look at it.
Thread moved. From now on at least make an effort to put it in the correct forum if you can't be bothered to post on the correct board (which as Nathan pointed out would be PHP's board.)