MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cannot sign into forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright, so I just copied a forum to another url. I copied the files and the database and set the config.php to reflect this. However, I cannot log into the new copy. I try to log in with the admin name, for example, and it says I successfully logged in but then I'm not logged in. If I click register, it brings me to the original url, from where it was copied. What is going on? How can I sever these two?
have you also changed the board url & cookie settings in settings.php file & again at general configuration settings of admin panel ..
(2012-02-20, 06:15 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]have you also changed the board url & cookie settings in settings.php file & again at general configuration settings of admin panel ..

Thanks for this advice. I did change the settings file but it still doesn't work. And, of course, I can't actually sign into the admin panel to do the second thing.
^ you should be able to log into admin panel after adding the correct settings in settings.php file ! clear browser cookies if required ..
(2012-02-20, 06:34 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]^ you should be able to log into admin panel after adding the correct settings in settings.php file ! clear browser cookies if required ..

Okay I fixed the cookie settings and now it works. But I am having another problem now. I deleted my posts and in one forum it says there is one unapproved post when there isn't. In another forum it says there are two threads that aren't there. How do I fix this problem?
^ try rebuilding Forum Counters & Thread Counters from Recount & Rebuild tools at Tools & Maintenance section ..
(2012-02-20, 08:44 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]^ try rebuilding Forum Counters & Thread Counters from Recount & Rebuild tools at Tools & Maintenance section ..

Thank you. This worked.