MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mybb Theming/Templating steps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have found many posts related to integration of mybb themes but none guide you properly. Following is what I have understood about it. Please correct me if I am going wrong. I am looking for some better solution.

I started developing new plugins but I realize after making 5-10 plugins that my plugin will stop working when I will integrate new theme/template because of
find_replace_templatesets

After installing new themes most of the plugins stopped working.
Reason on installation of new theme we got new template as well which don't have any change which our plugins has made in default templates. To solve this I found two possible ways to start plugin working.

1. Deactivate and then activate plugin (I checked this option but only few plugins started working on it)

2. Use new theme but set default template. (I checked this option but only few plugins started working on it)

Now following things I suggest you to follow I think this is the best possible solution:

HTML Designers:
Create new theme and template
Make all UI changes in it as per designs.
Export theme and images and give it the developers.
Developers:
Developers will export theme and create plugins as per the new template.

How to implement new changes in template/theme?
For all templates in which changes have been made, developer will export sql files and import sql files in live database. (Before releasing every template change release you can keep the old template/theme sql files some where in your SVN repository to keep the track of old and new changes)

Note: Always create template as per your requirement and then start development.

Any suggestions from you will be helpful for me and others. Share your thoughts.

Thanks