MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Including Wordpress navigation bar and footer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everybody,

I'm interested in including my Wordpress navigation bar and footer to my MyBB forum.

The domain is www.beyondthebets.com and the forum is www.beyondthebets.com/forum.

I understand that it should be possible to include the specific divs using jQuery. I've installed jSnippets, but I'm not really sure how to get it to work.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
I haven't used WordPress in a while so correct me if I'm wrong. The "templates" are located in the folder for the theme in wp-content correct?

Let's try it this way:
  • Install PHP template conditionals on your board.
  • In the header template where you want to include the header from your website add the following code.
    • <?php include '/wp-content/yourtheme/header.php'; ?>
  • Then save the template (make sure you also have the CSS for that very header in your MyBB theme

Repeat for the footer and anything else. Hope this does the trick! Enjoy!
(2012-02-21, 03:11 AM)WebOutfit Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't used WordPress in a while so correct me if I'm wrong. The "templates" are located in the folder for the theme in wp-content correct?

Let's try it this way:
  • In the header template where you want to include the header from your website add the following code.
  • Then save the template (make sure you also have the CSS for that very header in your MyBB theme

Thanks for the quick answer. Is it possible to only include a specific div with PHP?
(2012-02-21, 03:20 AM)prome17 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-02-21, 03:11 AM)WebOutfit Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't used WordPress in a while so correct me if I'm wrong. The "templates" are located in the folder for the theme in wp-content correct?

Let's try it this way:

Thanks for the quick answer. Is it possible to only include a specific div with PHP?

I'm afraid not. There may be another method someone else knows but off the top of my mind there isn't a plausible way to do that. jQuery I believe can do it but the element needs to by on that page, I believe. I don't think you can pull a div from an external source.

Let's try it this way:

I got this to work -- almost. Our Wordpress theme uses a lot of hooks and random php, so I'm getting an error. Maybe I can get them to help me figure out what else I need to include.