MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can I enable multiple star "types" for the same user title?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
These aren't the exact "stars" we plan to use (that's a secret!) but it's the same principle. Let's say, for example, I want users to receive a "moon" for every 500 posts they make. However, when they hit a 250 or 750 post increment, I want to give them a half-moon to signify their in-progress achievement (and display it next to their previously acquired moons). Let me try to give a written-out example.

() = full moon ( = half moon

Level 1 - 0 posts - no icon
Level 2 - 250 posts - (
Level 3 - 500 posts - ()
Level 4 - 750 posts - () (
Level 5 - 1000 posts - () ()
Level 6 - 1250 posts - () () (

So levels 2, 3 and 5 only require one image to be used at a time. However, at levels 4 and 6 the user has earned a half-moon. Is there a way to specify 2 of something and one of another? Another way to look at it is, can something like this be displayed to signify a user's level?

250 posts - halfmoon.gif
500 posts - fullmoon.gif
750 posts - fullmoon.gif halfmoon.gif
1000 posts - fullmoon.gif fullmoon.gif
1250 posts - fullmoon.gif fullmoon.gif halfmoon.gif

It would essentially be the same as assigning different smilies at each level, but continuing to display old smilies for levels they already reached. For example:

Level 1 - Lightbulb
Level 2 - LightbulbBlush
Level 3 - LightbulbBlushAngry
Level 4 - LightbulbBlushAngryHuh
Level 5 - LightbulbBlushAngryHuhUndecided

So, can the system multiple amounts of multiple images in any way? Or is that not possible for use titles?

(The alternative is to build a unique image for each level, but that's nearly as elegant as I'd like.)

Thank you for your help.
You'll have to use a unique image for each rank as MyBB doesn't let you use half of a star for that (or to my knowledge). Plus using unique image would look cleaner as well.
Thanks for your response. I had a feeling that was going to be how it worked. I assume there are no plugins that enable this function, either?