MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: URL of each topics starts with subdomain instead of right domain?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Main domain: www.***.com -> It opens index.php located into root of forum.
Subdomains: www.a.***.com, www.b.***.com, www.c.***.com, www.d.***.com, ...

General form of topic address posted in www.a.***.com is:
www.***.com/thread-113306-post-826760.html
Not as: www.a.***.com/thread-113306-post-826760.html
Sad

I've made sub-domains for all categories and their forums. Is it possible to force topics URL be started by their sub-domain instead of main domain?
Sad
UP, Is it possible?
Actually, MyBB makes relative links only, so all links should stay within the same subdomain.

MyBB doesn't really support spanning multiple domains, so making subdomains is a bad idea.
(2012-02-22, 09:25 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, MyBB makes relative links only, so all links should stay within the same subdomain.
Sad

Quote:so making subdomains is a bad idea.
I needs integration (here), but seems it's not possible at the moment!
instead of integration, I decided to:
1. cleaning index.php
2. setting sub-domains on categories and main forum
3. introducing subdomain to users -> users should access to their forum by the subdomain! (here)

Everything in the world is trying to ban me from possessing: "one collection of users, different separated forums) -> Confused
Just curious as to why you would want this type of setup.
It will make updating a complete headache!
Quote:Just curious as to why you would want this type of setup.
It's important for me that categories work separately -> my categories are completely different: Philosophy, History, Social Science and so on. I'm not willing to users think when they are posting in each category, they are in one place.
If they can't see classic index of mybb to access each category (by removing index.php), they are use sub-domains. with sub-domains and different templates on each category and some improvements (here), it seems users are in different forum !
(instead of integration method for bridging the several MyBB system that it seems is really difficult at the moment!)
(2012-02-23, 09:13 PM)x-Treme Wrote: [ -> ]It will make updating a complete headache!
before, I've requested for different method:
Merging Joomla and MyBB?
Merging MyBB and MyBB
removing index.php and setting sub-domain?
which one is your mention?
And why updating can be a inconvenience?
e.g? plz
Quote:I've made sub-domains for all categories and their forums. Is it possible to force topics URL be started by their sub-domain instead of main domain?
No Idea/method?