MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Should I migrate to MyBB?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Should i migrate from phpbb to mybb? how is it better?
Yes and it's better in every way.
MyBB has better plugin, theme system, better performance, security and user friendly front end and admin panel.

As Anxiety said, it covers almost everything.
Almost everyone one here is obviously going to say yes you should. In the end it's up to you though, and I won't lie and say phpbb3 doesn't have any advantages over mybb.
(2012-02-21, 04:17 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]Almost everyone one here is obviously going to say yes you should. In the end it's up to you though, and I won't lie and say phpbb3 doesn't have any advantages over mybb.

That wouldn't be lying.
See this for more details: http://www.mybb.com/features
(2012-02-21, 05:24 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-02-21, 04:17 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]Almost everyone one here is obviously going to say yes you should. In the end it's up to you though, and I won't lie and say phpbb3 doesn't have any advantages over mybb.

That wouldn't be lying.

It would be, for example phpbb has a much more in depth permission system (to the extent that it's over kill but it's there if you need it).
Completely read it wrong - thought it said "I won't lie and say phpbb3 has any advantage over MyBB". Apologies.

Their permission system is so much better than MyBB I agree.