MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: CSS's/Templates break
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, MyBB Community!
Can someone tell me which button is the break on global.css, on templates and so on. I got tired of copying that break from notepad (TAB button on it) or searching for one in the templates/CSS.

Thanks!
first, please stop using notepad !! instead use a code editor like notepad++ OR ultraedit etc ...
next, if you have CodePress turned ON at admin panel --> preferences then please turn it OFF & save preferences

finally, can you post example code piece consisting of above referred break in CODE tags here ...
Thank you for your reply, ranjani!
Ok, I turned off CodePress. About that break, I meant this (as an example):
	background: #efefef;
Here, it is read as multiple spaces, but on global.css, it is read as a break, just like when you hit the TAB button in Notepad (I don't know what Notepad did to you, but I find it quite useful when you need it for something like creating a break Toungue). So that break is by default there, but I just want to know what button should I use for instant creating it instead of multiple spaces.
Also, why CodePress should be off?

Thanks!
Just hit the tab key on your keyboard to create that "break" (or tab as it's known ;D). Codepress should be turned off because it's old, outdated and buggy and generally just a PITA if you're doing anything with templates in my experience.
Damn, why didn't I think about that?...Kidding Toungue
Of course I tried, but it takes me to the Reset/Save and Continue Editing button (as it is the next button) Toungue

PS: I use Firefox.
Oh, you can't insert a tab character within the browser at all as the tab button is used to step through elements. You have to copy the template/css to a program such as notepad/notepad++ Smile
So there is really no button with that function? Sad
Damn...
Not that I know of Sad
I usually just copy and paste a tab from elsewhere in the template. Or if I'm making a lot of changes copy and paste the whole template into Notepad++ and then back into the template when I'm done. There's no way around it as far as I know.