MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Plugin Used in Themes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
And on top of that, installing a theme after you've installed a plugin currently results in the plugin not being included in that theme, so you have to uninstall then reinstall the plugin. With this you could simply go into the plugin manager and allow the plugin to work with the new theme easily.

But yeah, like kavin said, it's hard to make a good theme without changing the basic structure of MyBB, so you lose out on some plugins in those certain themes. Or even if you have a custom plugin made specifically for your theme to give it a certain feature, you can choose to only include it in the theme it's intended for.
(2012-02-23, 01:37 AM)kavin Wrote: [ -> ]Any good MyBB designer would change the default theme structure. But plugins are developed for default MyBB structure. That's what the problem is. And as far as i know no plugin conflicts much with the themes, they just mis-places the code. In that case it would the user's responsibility to place the code added by plugin in appropriate location. Smile

And the idea of this topic is to allow certain plugins to be installed for certain themes only. Consider i'm using multiple themes in my forum, and i want a certain plugin to work on certain theme only. currently, i have to install the plugin and remove the code added from other themes. Whereas if this suggested feature is implemented, i can choose which theme should display the plugin.

I don't really have anything against the inclusion of this feature, my problem is that it doesn't fix the real issue here. I know what you're saying about how the plugin interacts with the theme, but what I'm saying is you could look into ways around this, with hooks, guidelines, abstraction layers, etc. 2.0 is a complete rewrite after all, so if there's ever a time to try and minimise this problem, it's now. If it turns out there's no way and it's always going to be an issue then fine, but no need to dismiss it immediately.
(2012-02-23, 05:28 PM)Malphas Wrote: [ -> ]I don't really have anything against the inclusion of this feature, my problem is that it doesn't fix the real issue here. I know what you're saying about how the plugin interacts with the theme, but what I'm saying is you could look into ways around this, with hooks, guidelines, abstraction layers, etc. 2.0 is a complete rewrite after all, so if there's ever a time to try and minimise this problem, it's now. If it turns out there's no way and it's always going to be an issue then fine, but no need to dismiss it immediately.

I get what you are saying. Smile
If this is possible, then it would be good to be implemented.
Pages: 1 2