MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Where to buy domain name
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everyone,
I've taken the step to get my forum off the ground.
Buying a domain name Smile
It'll get me into Google, people would be more willing to help me and it looks professional for the new faces.

My question now, where is it wise to buy a domain ?
I just want to buy a .com for a few €, I want them to be trustable, not raising costs if the domain name gets popular or whatever or that they can take it away from me all of a sudden.
I've heard you can get .com and .nl for only 1 or 2€ a year.
Secondly, payment methods, I prefer iDeal instead of some third-party payment processor, which will take in extra fees. Plus the reliability...

Hope anyone can help me, thanks in advance Smile
namecheap or name.com
Can't get a .com for that cheap. Looking at around £6-£10 a year.
Name.com is reasonable, and nice support.
(2012-02-21, 09:06 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]Can't get a .com for that cheap. Looking at around £6-£10 a year.

I actually found I could get a .nl domain for 0.99€ a year, but would it unwise for me to have an english website with a .nl domain?

PS: orange... that's only for the first year, and they are already taken.
I wanted to use dutchharbor.com, but obviously it's not available, nor is .org or .net or .nl
Now I need a new name Sad
I'm quite the fan of Namecheap. Although, I don't use them anymore because I have a method of my own...
Namecheap
Sorry, I'm unsure what currency "€" is.

But sometimes at 1and1, they have specials where the .COM, .NET or other specific domains can go for 0.99 U.S

But that's only for the first year, every year after would be back to 9.99 per year.
I've been with 1and1 for years, they did originally up the price from 7.99 to 8.99 and now 9.99, but they remain the cheapest IMO.
NameCheap looks good too, and I'm sure they're better than 1and1 in service, I've heard tons of positive things.

but I like the 0.99 first year deals at 1and1, and the fact that privacy protection comes free, not for an added cost.

Unfortunately right now, there doesn't appear to be any 0.99 U.S first year deals. But if you're patient about it, I'm sure one will come around soon.

EDIT: Correction, there is, but it's .INFO >.>

(2012-02-21, 09:17 PM)Ansem Wrote: [ -> ]I actually found I could get a .nl domain for 0.99€ a year, but would it unwise for me to have an english website with a .nl domain?

I wanted to use dutchharbor.com, but obviously it's not available, nor is .org or .net or .nl

It is definitely odd for an english site to have a .NL domain.
But with the proper marketing, I'm sure it can succeed.

All domains like 99 cents, will only be for the 1st year. You won't find that as a permanent price anywhere.
(2012-02-21, 10:52 PM)weBex Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, I'm unsure what currency "€" is.

1 € = 1.3255 U.S. dollars Smile
(2012-02-21, 10:52 PM)weBex Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, I'm unsure what currency "€" is.

But sometimes at 1and1, they have specials where the .COM, .NET or other specific domains can go for 0.99 U.S

But that's only for the first year, every year after would be back to 9.99 per year.
I've been with 1and1 for years, they did originally up the price from 7.99 to 8.99 and now 9.99, but they remain the cheapest IMO.
NameCheap looks good too, and I'm sure they're better than 1and1 in service, I've heard tons of positive things.

but I like the 0.99 first year deals at 1and1, and the fact that privacy protection comes free, not for an added cost.

Unfortunately right now, there doesn't appear to be any 0.99 U.S first year deals. But if you're patient about it, I'm sure one will come around soon.

EDIT: Correction, there is, but it's .INFO >.>

(2012-02-21, 09:17 PM)Ansem Wrote: [ -> ]I actually found I could get a .nl domain for 0.99€ a year, but would it unwise for me to have an english website with a .nl domain?

It is definitely odd for an english site to have a .NL domain.
But with the proper marketing, I'm sure it can succeed.

All domains like 99 cents, will only be for the 1st year. You won't find that as a permanent price anywhere.

Didn't you send me a link on MSN where at one point it was $4.99? I thought that was pretty cheap.
Pages: 1 2