MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PayPal Direct Deposit?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi,

Recently there have been a ton of threads on various websites about users complaining how PayPal had locked their account to whatever reason and they had $xxx money in it. I have a PayPal business account and many of my clients prefer to pay that way because it is the easiest and most widely used payment processor. Of course, when you run a website and sell goods you're going to want to reach out to the maximum amount of visitors as possible so you can get as many sales as you can. My problem is that I no longer feel safe with PayPal. I feel any minute they can just lock out my PayPal and it will be gone. I know that I can transfer my money into my bank account but honestly that is a pain. Is there a way I can have my PayPal direct deposit all incoming payments into my bank account (in this case J.P. Morgan Chase)? I greatly appreciate anyone who helps me out with my dilemma. Thanks!

Regards,
Jason Liehr
[email protected]
I looked into this before, you can't.
(2012-02-21, 10:16 PM)Richard Wrote: [ -> ]I looked into this before, you can't.

Man, I guess I'm going to have to be on top of it now. If most of my clients didn't use PayPal I would use Google Checkout or AlertPay. I swear, I feel so unsafe that I have to withdraw the money as soon as I get it or else I fear it will be gone.
AlertPay lost American Express, and you can't add your (well, for US anyway) bank accounts to verify your account (this was more than 4+ months ago by the way)- in other words stay away from AlertPay.

Google Checkout is okay but I really don't see it around much often.

I really don't like how PayPal is the only payment processor that has the consumers trust, but is a pain in the lime to work with (why should anyone fear their money is going to get stolen by the payment processor).. Wish there was a better alt.

I started looking into Dwolla, maybe you should check it out too. Their fees are ridiculously low but they're still new and exclusive to US only.

(2012-02-21, 10:18 PM)WebOutfit Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-02-21, 10:16 PM)Richard Wrote: [ -> ]I looked into this before, you can't.

Man, I guess I'm going to have to be on top of it now. If most of my clients didn't use PayPal I would use Google Checkout or AlertPay. I swear, I feel so unsafe that I have to withdraw the money as soon as I get it or else I fear it will be gone.

I've actually yet to resist using google wallet once so far. It's just so easy to use.
Google checkout is the future. "Not many people use it" is not true, since many people purchase things online with credit/debit cards, which GC allows you to receive payments with. It then goes straight into your bank account, which is something that obviously suits you.
I recommend 2checkout.
(2012-02-21, 10:10 PM)WebOutfit Wrote: [ -> ]Recently there have been a ton of threads on various websites about users complaining how PayPal had locked their account to whatever reason and they had $xxx money in it.

Have you actually bothered to gather any details about these incidents? Were the accounts verified? Were they compromised? Involved in a fraud case? After using PP for 2+ years without a hiccup, I find it difficult to believe that they will randomly shut down accounts "without reason".
(2012-02-22, 01:08 AM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-02-21, 10:10 PM)WebOutfit Wrote: [ -> ]Recently there have been a ton of threads on various websites about users complaining how PayPal had locked their account to whatever reason and they had $xxx money in it.

Have you actually bothered to gather any details about these incidents? Were the accounts verified? Were they compromised? Involved in a fraud case? After using PP for 2+ years without a hiccup, I find it difficult to believe that they will randomly shut down accounts "without reason".

If you done some research you'll find out they actually have.
All I've seen are sites about how paypal is the devil itself, and you should avoid it like the plague. I have yet to encounter an individual who has provided extensive details on the situation.

Don't get me wrong; I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but I don't understand all the "fear" surrounding the issue.
Pages: 1 2 3