MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problems Logging into Administration Center
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello. Yesterday I installed a MyBB Forum from Softaculous on my website. I am having two problems. First one is that it won't let me log out. And the other is bigger, and it's the opposite, that I can't LOG IN to the Administration Control Panel!

Please Help. It's a temporary website and is only being used until I get paid hosting, which is hopefully next month. I'm using "HelioHost" Free Hosting. My paid host has Fantastico, so I won't be able to install MyBB via a autoinstaller.

URL to my website's forum: http://testforum.heliohost.org/fmtc/discussionforum/

I'll go in depth on this a bit. When I TRY to log into MyBB Administration panel, I type in the CORRECT Username and Password and click enter. It will reset all the fields. I've tried to log in about 5 times and every time it'd reset the fields instead of letting me enter. Note that it's not displaying an error message, it's just resetting the fields. Please Help!
http://community.mybb.com/thread-74904.html

You should search a bit before asking questions. Wink
Well, good news and bad news. Good news is that it works in Firefox. Bad News is that it doesn't work in Safari, which is an Apple product.
Your cookie domain is currently blank, it needs to be: testforum.heliohost.org
So, how do I do that?
Click on the link in my last post.

You must set "testforum.heliohost.org" in cookie domain.
Problem is: My forum is located at testforum.heliohost.org/fmtc

Okay. I'll try doing it.
I've ran into a problem.

I didn't download it and upload it. I quickly installed it using Softaculous. I'll SEE what I can do, but not promising much.

BTW, my FTP software is FileZilla.
Cookie Domain: testforum.heliohost.org
Cookie Path: /fmtc/
It worked. Now I have to tackle the clock problem!!!

Softaculous may look nice, but it installs things wrong most of the time. Not all of the time. I like Fantastico better. Human Installers are best.

It's fixed .... for Now!!!!!!! I made opening that one setting.php file and editing it much harder than it really was, fixed it in about a minute flat.
Make sure you've done the changes in the ACP after changing ./inc/settings.php too.

Out of curiosity, did the Softaculous installer set the cookie settings incorrectly? Or did you change them during the install? (I've never used it so no idea how it works, other than it seems to cause a bunch of problems)