MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 2.0 Suggestion- The MyRiBBon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This idea was quickly shot down over at Simple Machines Forum for their 3.0 idea.

I know what people said, and that people said they hated this. But what if they had a mod or a option in 2.0 that you could have a WYSIWYG interface with Ribbon toolbar for your New Thread and Reply Post pages and your Private Message Creation page.

The Ribbon is used in Microsoft Office 2007-2010 and some Windows 7 applications. It would take a lot of extra coding, which is the downside to this idea.
MyBB 2.0 will have a WYSIWYG editor (already confirmed by staffs). But is Ribbon toolbar necessary for it? MS office have so many options that they need a ribbon toolbar to group them all, but any editor would have way less options than that, so we can group it normal easily than messing up with ribbon way. Smile
As much as I love the idea (Well, more how the idea would look), kavin is right, there just simply aren't enough commands to need one. xp
Well, WYSIWYG is great. However, I'd like a "Ribbon style" toolbox.

Maybe a tab for text color, special effects, etc.

IT DOESN'T look too difficult to actually make the Ribbon itself, until you have to "connect the wires" to the editor, then it gets too hard for me!
I just never liked the ribbon UI. Always been partially confusing for me. But that might be because I am used to word 2003 in school.
(2012-02-22, 04:48 AM)GamerVoid Wrote: [ -> ]I just never liked the ribbon UI. Always been partially confusing for me. But that might be because I am used to word 2003 in school.

Trust me, you won't normal interface, when you get used to Ribbon one.
But as i previously said, i don't see how it can be useful in MyBB editor.
To be honest, it's already possible in 1.x; you just need to manage the editor theme and add commands to the editor JavaScript.

As for 2.0, I can imagine us using something out-of-the-box that integrates with Yii.