MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Blog System
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I think a Blog system like Vbulletin will make mybb more good and better.

The Blog Plugin is not so good and Nickman has removed it so we need to add it the forum package.

Users will surely love it.
Definitely plugin stuff.
MyBB is forum software; adding blog capabilities would push us into community software which is something we don't want. Smile
No Offence.

Can i ask whats wrong in community software ?
Nothing is wrong with community software - if it's right for you and your community. We just like to stick with making the best free forum software on the 'net than mess around with that riff-raff.
It probably would help me to have one, but I think I'll just use the portal. *gasp*
Not a forum feature = keep it off from base package.
Blogs are a plugin as they are an optional feature for a forum-based community.
Almost every feature of MyBB could technically be described as optional though, even ones most people wouldn't want to go without (avatars, profiles, signatures, etc.). It's not a very good argument to base what should be included on, since it's murky water and mostly personal interpretation and preference.

You could argue a loose distinction between forum features and CMS/website software though, which this probably falls under. My worry would be by branching out into more CMS-related roles development resources could be stretched and slow down the rate of new releases - unnecessarily also, since you can integrate MyBB with a full CMS. A better solution would be better bridge software and co-ordinated themes. Not sure how you go about making that happen though, other than just paying someone to do it for you on an individual basis.
You can argue that the moon is a drawing and that vegitables are the root of cancer, it doesn't make it so. MyBB has stated they want to be a featured forum system. Not a Community software.

Since it will be on a framework, getting a blog to work with MyBB would be incredibly easy. Personally, if I am employeed at the time, I'll pay a developer 200~ish to make a Yii blog that will integrate with MyBB. If I'm not, I'll just wait till I am again.

Does this sound fair?

edit: Bolded the wrong thing.
Pages: 1 2 3