MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: mybb_posts insanely large
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was restoring DB yesterday and come to find out the restoration process said would take hours. Then I took a close look at the size of DB and it's at 1.1GB. Well, the forum is very small with only around 150 registered uesrs and few active at any given time. Numbers of posts are small too.

I start to drill into the DB and see what's going on. I found mybb_posts is 900MB+ in size. When I look at the data there are TONs of spam threads/posts with uid/username I don't even recognize. I tried search in Admin CP and those username were nowhere to be found.

Any idea why this is happening? Thanks for any thoughts.
For some reason, they must not have gotten deleted. Do you have any forum cleaning or anti-post-spam (not registration) plugin? If so, what is it?
Are these posts tagged as unapproved or something else?

Also a 1.1GB import into mysql from ssh should take 10 minutes. I've done 10GB in about 30-40 minutes.

Once imported example the table. If these were spam I'm sure you can find ways to prune directly from mysql cli.
(2012-02-22, 03:51 PM)GamerVoid Wrote: [ -> ]For some reason, they must not have gotten deleted. Do you have any forum cleaning or anti-post-spam (not registration) plugin? If so, what is it?

No I don't. Could you provide some nice ones?

Right now I'm trying to run following and it's painstakingly slow... Sad
DELETE FROM mybb_posts WHERE uid in ( *STUFF* );

(2012-02-22, 05:23 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Are these posts tagged as unapproved or something else?

Also a 1.1GB import into mysql from ssh should take 10 minutes. I've done 10GB in about 30-40 minutes.

Once imported example the table. If these were spam I'm sure you can find ways to prune directly from mysql cli.

Not sure where to check for unapproved posts/threads. AFAIK, we didn't set up such thing.

I was doing a restore on a secondary paired MySQL replication server. Binary logs is enabled, not sure if that was causing the slowness when importing.