MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: new forum on www.Hostmonster.com
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I am in the process of creating a new forum on Hostmonster.com, my web provider. I have never created a forum so this is quite daunting to me ... but I am not afraid to learn Smile I don't have internet access every day (as I travel on my sailboat in Micronesia Smile so I won't be able to come on this forum daily ... but sometimes for weeks at the time I have internet access so it's not so difficult.

I would really appreciate if someone(s?) could guide me (being my mentor(?) Smile to successfully create this new forum!

I uploaded the required files on www.drhealthclub.com/forum but I am nor too sure how to CHMOD (the next step).

Any help would be appreciated. Have a great day!

Luc
You don't need to worry about CHMOD, the folders/files already have the correct permissions.

Just go to http://www.drhealthclub.com/forum/install/index.php
You can right click files or folders in your FTP programme and set the file permissions there. Alternatively, you can do this via the cPanel file manager.
(2012-02-23, 12:14 AM)Alan Shepperson Wrote: [ -> ]You don't need to worry about CHMOD, the folders/files already have the correct permissions.

Just go to http://www.drhealthclub.com/forum/install/index.php

Ok, tnx ... I will try to do that now.Shy
(2012-02-23, 12:15 AM)TheNova Wrote: [ -> ]You can right click files or folders in your FTP programme and set the file permissions there. Alternatively, you can do this via the cPanel file manager.

ok, tnx for that ... I just clicked on the link provided by Alan and it seems to bring me to the next step Smile

Tnx for your reply

luc
I get the following error code now ... Sad any idea what the problem is? I checked the username and password and they are correct .. not sure about Database Server Hostname:

This is the Error code I receive:

There seems to be one or more errors with the database configuration information that you supplied:

Could not connect to the database server at 'localhost' with the supplied username and password. Are you sure the hostname and user details are correct?
1:enter ur host name :ur hosting site hostname(see cpanel of ur hosting site)
2 Database Username:ur user name (use hosting user name or database user name may same)if not plz create one in myadminphp section
3 Database Password:use sql database password (use ur default password if not use new created user password)

4Database Name: create new database like mybb in myadminphp section.......

[

quote='manoranjan2050' pid='827468' dateline='1329992366']
1:enter ur host name :ur hosting site hostname(see cpanel of ur hosting site)
2 Database Username:ur user name (use hosting user name or database user name may same)if not plz create one in myadminphp section
3 Database Password:use sql database password (use ur default password if not use new created user password)

4Database Name: create new database like mybb in myadminphp section.......

Thank you [/quote]