MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Redirect Boards
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Thing I really loved in Simple Machines 2.0 that I miss with MyBB is the ability to create redirect link's that look like another board to link to another page such as homepage without going to the bottom and clicking on "Website Name here (directs to Homepage)

MyBB should also create a integrated Content Management System that integrates with the Forum. I guess it should be called MyCSS. And I said integrated, meaning using 1 MySQL Database. Maybe MyBB can work on a new CMS Software after the 2.0 is released- because I think MyBB would make a CMS Software so great that It'd blow CMS Made Simple (the best CMS software IMHO) right out of the water!
MyBB has the ability to do this. If I'm not mistaken you need to visit the advanced options section while creating a new forum then enter your URL there.
Quote:MyBB should also create a integrated Content Management System that integrates with the Forum. I guess it should be called MyCSS. And I said integrated, meaning using 1 MySQL Database. Maybe MyBB can work on a new CMS Software after the 2.0 is released- because I think MyBB would make a CMS Software so great that It'd blow CMS Made Simple (the best CMS software IMHO) right out of the water!
It's been said many times in this forum that MyBB is a forum software, not MyBulletinBoardandCMSandAllOfTheseOtherFeatures.
MyBB does have forum redirect feature as Weboutfit said. Smile

And i don't think MyBB is going to develop a CMS, but considering MyBB 2.0 is going to be built with a framework (Yii), its fairly easy to create a CMS system with it.
We won't be developing a CMS. Bridging will be easier, but that's about it.