MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Do you think that your board will still exist in 5 years?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Don't think anyone can measure up to 20 years in the future if I'm honest, anything can happen.
Sure I can. Digital art can't change so much that it kills my forum. New styles are born, and new techniques, we just move with the time. The process of creating and getting feedback will never change.
I think that Otaku Space will be around in five years. It might be just me, Bey-Heart, and a Google Bot occasionally, but it will still exist. But, my hope is that it will be popular by that time, and not die.
Not just the online world though Solidus. Real life components could change, anything can happen. Five and ten years are a little easier to anticipate, but hey in twenty years time you could be president.

@Odin: What if .co.cc isn't around anymore? Easier to secure a future with a paid domain.
I plan to not be hindered by .co.cc for much longer. But, if push comes to shove, and I need a free domain name, there are other places to look. But, I will get a TLD soon.
I started year 12 last month but I am not going to give it much longer to live, at least not in my hands. My niche is not as popular anymore due to costs. Its been a long run for not putting any advertising effort into it and living of the same group of core members for so long.
I think my forum will still be around in 5 years. It all depends what happens in the future. :3
I intend for my sites to stick around longer than five years (after I get them back up that is Toungue )!
I know it's a little pessimistic, but no. The niche revolves around a 2D MMORPG, and emulating it.
The game itself has been around since 2003 in Korea (2005 in North America & 2007 in Europe). So it's already been around for 5-9 years.

I guess I kind of rely on their marketing department to develop refreshing content so users have a reason to come back to my site.

Also the playerbase doesn't like the publisher of the game, - which is actually beneficial for my site. Sooner or later they're going to drop the ball, or they're going to start liking them.

I don't really know for sure, things can happen and change many things.
I rediscovered that thread by chance. I wonder how many of the people who replied here are still there now that it *is* five years later...
Pages: 1 2