MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can group order be adjusted in the Admin CP without adding them to the forum team?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm finding it a bit difficult to keep my brain straight while editing group permissions, because at the moment, they are ordered like this: Guest, Applicants, Banned, followed by every rank in the forum team. That means I've had to add the basic member rank to the team as well, just to make it easier to progressively add permissions user groups.

Without ordering them, I have to keep trying to remember what gets added at which level, how many PMs that group got, etc. It's a little bit frustrating - and also means I have to put almost every group in the forum team. Is there another option? Thank you.
As i understanded you want to, when someone get's some number of posts reputation etc to go to next group?
If is that you can do it with Promote System.
No, that is not what I meant. The default groups have a specific order, and I haven't found a way to change it besides adding those groups to the forum team (which some groups cannot even be added to and others, well, it wouldn't make sense to - ie. members?). However, that's making the process of changing permissions a chore, because I can't do anything in "order" without having a fantastic memory (I don't) or a pen and paper next to me recording what I've edited and what I've changed. I'm looking for a way to change the default order groups appear in.
Solved it. Opened up the database, edited sort ID for non-forum team groups. Warning: Do not change the Group ID, just to display order, or else you'll be restoring from a backup or dealing with an army of admins that used to be banned.