MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: remove thread views column
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need help with removing the thread views from the forums column so it just has the replies column there as i have already removed the ratings column using this tutorial HERE. Is there a sql query i can run to remove the column just like i did with the ratings but also be able to keep the views in the users control panel under your latest threads?
Nope, you'll have to edit the templates.

In forumdisplay_threadlist find and remove:
		<td class="tcat" align="center" width="7%"><span class="smalltext"><strong><a href="{$sorturl}&amp;sortby=views&amp;order=desc">{$lang->views}</a> {$orderarrow['views']}</strong></span></td>

In forumdisplay_thread find and remove:
	<td align="center" class="{$bgcolor}{$thread_type_class}">{$thread['views']}</td>
Thanks for that. I also want to remove the views column when you click on "view new posts" and also "view today's posts" in the header so what template should i edit for those.

Thanks
^ admin panel --> templates --> your current theme's templates --> search templates -->

1. open search_results_posts template ; find and remove code similar to below
<td class="tcat" align="center"><span class="smalltext"><strong><a href="{$sorturl}&amp;sortby=views&amp;order=desc">{$lang->views}</a></strong> {$orderarrow['views']}</span></td>
2. open search_results_posts_post template ; find and remove code similar to below
<td align="center" class="{$bgcolor}">{$post['thread_views']}</td>
3. open search_results_threads template ; find and remove code similar to below
<td class="tcat" align="center"><span class="smalltext"><strong><a href="{$sorturl}&amp;sortby=views&amp;order=desc">{$lang->views}</a> {$orderarrow['views']}</strong></span></td>
4. open search_results_threads_thread template ; find and remove code similar to
<td align="center" class="{$bgcolor}">{$thread['views']}</td>