MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Send and align signature to bottom...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
ummm... guess ur right...

Firefox 9.0.1... Windows 7

wait a sec ... OMG :O

With IE browser everything is JUST fine...
TQ Johnny...

and.. what about firefox Sad?

I've played with lots of codes and fixed lots of issues.. never came across any issue ...
I love firefox and I guess everybody does...

Edit: I've learned my lessons... I have to check things in IE and other browsers as well to make sure the edited codes are compatible with almost all browsers...
Position property is supported by all browsers and in this template edit Presto,webkit and trident layout engines have rendered it correctly but only Gecko has some problems with rendering (even FF 3.6.25 isn't rendering it correctly).

http://cssdesk.com/KkWLq (simple example) 4 elements with absolute positioning (in container with relative positioning) will be rendered correctly in most browsers.
So it means that I have to go with it....
Thank u so much Johnny 4 tolerating me... reputation added...
From stackoverflow

Quote:As of Firefox 3.6.13, position: relative/absolute do not seem to work on table elements. This seems to be long standing Firefox behaviour. See the following: http://csscreator.com/node/31771
Wow... If I have understood correctly, it seems like firefox can't deal with positioning on table cells.
but it seems possible to wrap the contents of the cell in a div and add position:relative to that div to treat it as a block rather than a table element.
Ex:
<td>
  <div style="position:relative">
      This will be positioned normally
      <div style="position:absolute; top:5px; left:5px;">
           This will be positioned at 5,5 relative to the cell
      </div>
  </div>
</td>

How would I do that ? I just played 'round a bit but I couldn't make it..

Edit:
I assume I'm gettin there...

first I wrapped the contents of the cell which contains post reply and signature in a div and added position:relative to that div in postbit classic:

Quote: <td class="{$altbg}" valign="top"><div style="position:relative">
<table width="100%">
<tr><td>{$post['posturl']}<span class="smalltext"><strong>{$post['icon']}{$post['subject']} {$post['subject_extra']}</strong></span>
<br />
<div id="pid_{$post['pid']}" class="post_body">
{$post['message']}
</div>
{$post['signature']}
{$post['attachments']}
<div style="text-align: right; vertical-align: bottom;" id="post_meta_{$post['pid']}">
<div id="edited_by_{$post['pid']}">{$post['editedmsg']}</div>
{$post['iplogged']}
</div>
</td></tr>
</table>
</div>
</td>

Then I wrapped {$post['signature']} in div in postbit signature and added "position:absolute" and "bottom" to that div . I didn't wrap hr in div coz for some reasons it'd auto-resize the signature line to it's text but instead I added "position:absolute" and "bottom" and gave the "bottom" the amount of 15px to align it with its content.

<hr style="position:absolute; bottom:15px;" size="1" width="25%"  align="left" />
<div style="position:absolute; bottom:0px;">
{$post['signature']}
</div>

but some issues raised:

first we have a 15px space between post message and signature that never fills out. why would it ? that's a space I MYSELF added to force it snap to the bottom.

but it's a good thing that we have our signature separated from the post message. you can now position your signature anywhere (top, bottom, left, right) without havin any effect on post message.
the only problem is that it doesn't align to the bottom correctly.

I also tested other browsers and it came out to change nothing. still in default mode but at least it doesn't mess up anything.

Pages: 1 2