MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MUTILATED THREAD/POST
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there,

I just went to download my own FInnish translation for MyBB in order to start the translation-work for the 1.2. However I noticed that with the upgrade to 1.2 on this site, the charset-thingy has badly mutilated my original post on the matter....
Basically all the special-chars with umlauts (the two horizontal dots above letters a and o (creating two new chars in alphabet for us), have been replaced by ?....and not only that, but I think ever one of those special chars that is gone, also 2 other chars have gone the same way....result is illegible...

The thread is here: http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=4673

I tried to update it via editing my post via quick edit, but while everything looked like hunkydory on the screen...after posting it, it all went back to having questionmarks all over the place.

cheers,
kimmo
It was due to a previous bug with the AJAX based features and character encoding.

I've uploaded the new thread.js which should fix it here when you edit your post again.

Cheers,
Chris
Chris Boulton Wrote:It was due to a previous bug with the AJAX based features and character encoding.

I've uploaded the new thread.js which should fix it here when you edit your post again.

Cheers,
Chris
hmmm....now my

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1b1) Gecko/20060710 Firefox/2.0b1

crashes every time I try to do a quickquote....probably need to flush the javaengine-thingies.....

EDIT: Didn't help....IE seems to work fine, but still doesn't save the chars correctly...might need to reboot my machine, sacrifize a few virgins and spit over my shoulder three times before I get the Window$XP to cooperate Sad

EDIT2: AAAH...IE does allow now saving with the characters...but only in full-edit -mode
EDIT3: Now also in quick-edit mode.....so maybe you did something or my virgin-sacrifize paid dividends...off to try it with FF
EDIT4: Also FF seems to work now....thank you! Smile