MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google Translation Plugins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A warning to anyone using any of the various Google Translation Plugins. They will no longer work. Google has disabled the Translation API v1 due to abuse. Someone may write new ones using the new v2 API, however that is a paid service.

You can read more about it here:
http://code.google.com/apis/language/tra...rview.html

I've gone ahead and disabled all of the mods on our mods site that are using the v1 API (That I know of anyways), so anything on the mods site should be using v2. If you find one I missed, please respond in this thread with which ones, and a Staff member will take care of it.

Thank you,
MyBB Team
Bing translator provide two milion characters and free.Good alternative for google translate.
(2012-03-20, 08:00 PM)MaRZoCHi Wrote: [ -> ]Bing translator provide two milion characters and free.Good alternative for google translate.

Unless you're anti-Micro$uck like me. Smile
No, I like free sources...
read this ==>> http://community.mybb.com/thread-120625.html

still we're able to use google translate using snippet, yes for 100% free, also it work after login to Smile
Here's the script feastboy is referring to, so you don't have to go to that thread:
It's a code snippet from Google that will allow any user to translate to / from any supported language...
<!-- {Auto Google Translate} -->
<script>
function googleTranslateElementInit() {
  new google.translate.TranslateElement({
    pageLanguage: 'auto',
    multilanguagePage: true,
    gaTrack: true,
    gaId: 'Enter Your G Analytics code here'
  });
}
</script><script src="//translate.google.com/translate_a/element.js?cb=googleTranslateElementInit"></script>
paste in your footer template

Any user can make it disappear too for whenever they visit your site so long as they have cookies enabled.
(2012-03-21, 02:00 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-03-20, 08:00 PM)MaRZoCHi Wrote: [ -> ]Bing translator provide two milion characters and free.Good alternative for google translate.

Unless you're anti-Micro$uck like me. Smile

then you are losing a lot of good stuff.
Hello, my name is Martin from Austria,

I am an absolutely Newby in myBB Forum ... I have installed the forum and updated it with a new Theme ... now i would need that the posts can be translated into other languages ... I have found your post and so I can say you are the only person who can help me to find a solution for translation of posts ... I have no programming experience so it would be fine if you could help me to add your script correctly to the forum ... for sure I would you pay for your Help ...

indigos.trade   is my forum

if you could help me we can talk about what you need, therefore ...

Thanks to you and hope you could help me have the translation running

Best regards

Martin

[email protected]   (this is my email address)