MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do you apply a downloaded template?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Under Templates and Styles ---> Browse Templates,
I could download templates,

but then under

Import a Theme
Local File ______________ Browse
URL __________________

I tried to use Browse to select the downloaded template, but there are so many subfolders and files, I don't know which one to select.

As for that URL, what am I suppose to put in there? A link to another forum where I want my forum to look like? And it will automatically download the template from that forum?

Upload the xml file and check the box 'ignore version'.
Acp -> templates & style -> theme -> import new theme
(2012-02-24, 10:55 PM)Michael94 Wrote: [ -> ]Upload the xml file and check the box 'ignore version'.

where do i put the xml file? In the forum folder?

(2012-02-25, 12:47 AM)Ram8349 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-02-24, 10:55 PM)Michael94 Wrote: [ -> ]Upload the xml file and check the box 'ignore version'.

where do i put the xml file? In the forum folder?

When you click on import theme, you see browse computer, click that and select the xml file.
Thank you for the instruction. I almost messed it up by successfully applied it. Toungue My forum all the sudden was updated with someone else's logo, etc. from the template lol...

How do I change such things to replace with my own?
^ find the location of that logo & replace with your forum's logo ( if you can't find the location of logo then post your forum URL ) ..
(2012-02-25, 07:31 PM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]^ find the location of that logo & replace with your forum's logo ( if you can't find the location of logo then post your forum URL ) ..

I found the logo and replaced it...so I thought. When I applied the template again, it's still the wrong logo lol.

Well, my problem is much more than just a logo. I am such a noob on these matters.

http://petskeepersguide.com
is my forum site.

What I really want is to have the forum top look just like this homepage, which was just finished a few hours ago lol... I am still learning the basics.