MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 24 hours if password incorrect????
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK! This needs to be changed! I type in the wrong password (I still can't understand why I couldn't log in), and now I can't log in for 24 hours!!!!!????? That is ridiculous! So now I have to register a new account just to be able to post? Come on!!!

Sorry, but that is SO frustrating!!!!
Well, that's weird! I cleared my cookies, and it then let me log in???
With the same password you had been using before?
This is a new feature with MyBB 1.2. You have so many failed login attempts before the system lockes you out for a set ammount of time. This is all settable in the ACP.
You can set the time during which no further login attempts can be made via the ACP. I do agree the default should be lowered, possibly to 12 hours?
Quote:With the same password you had been using before?
Yeah, I guess I was somehow typing it wrong! Don't know what was going wrong! Sticky fingers, I guess.

Thanks for the info, Peter! Big Grin I can make sure to fix that on my forum! At least I know that clearing cookies enables me to bypass that requirement!!! LOL

EDIT: I looked in the ACP but couldn't find where to change this! The only thing I had set to 24 hours was the amount of times someone can register from the same ISP! Can anyone tell me where to change the hours for logging in after wrong password entry???
How about 30 minutes? lol I really don't like having to wait 12 hours before I can try again. (even though I know how to get past it...)
[quote=judel]
Quote:EDIT: I looked in the ACP but couldn't find where to change this! The only thing I had set to 24 hours was the amount of times someone can register from the same ISP! Can anyone tell me where to change the hours for logging in after wrong password entry???
This is a new feature in MyBB 1.2, and as MyBB 1.2 is running here, the feature is here. And as your forum is most likely running 1.1.7 because 1.2 isn't released yet, it wouldn't have it Smile
LOL...yeah, Tiki, 30 minutes sounds good! Wink

Aaahh, it is only in 1.2...yeah, I'm using 1.1.7. Guess it's not that big a deal now that I know how to bypass it, as well!
I've changed it to use minutes in the latest revision of the code - and even made it 15 minutes.