MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

What do you guys think about your MyBB boards? Of course I am trying to decide between mybb and smf. smf looks to be a bit more popular, but even their design is a bit dull, and mybb looks a bit better right out of the box, hopefully you experts and help me out here.

1: Am I able to post html code in posts (as admin)
I would like my posts to appear like webpages...
(for admin only, as no one needs to post html)

2: does mybb have a better looking seo structure then what I am seeing so far, or is their an addon that will provide better seo/url?

3: I wanna say that mybb supports videos, true?

4: How is the spam protection? am I have to setup
q/a on signup? How about under each post before submission?

Thanks guys...
(2012-02-25, 05:11 AM)dsimms Wrote: [ -> ]1: Am I able to post html code in posts (as admin)
I would like my posts to appear like webpages...
(for admin only, as no one needs to post html)

Yes, HTML can be enabled on a per group basis.

My bad, I was thinking of per forum basis. There are plugins available for this though. Smile

(2012-02-25, 05:11 AM)dsimms Wrote: [ -> ]2: does mybb have a better looking seo structure then what I am seeing so far, or is their an addon that will provide better seo/url?

We have inbuilt SEF urls, but there's also a plugin available called Google SEO which provides many SEO additions to your board including dynamic meta tags, configurable advanced SEF urls for threads, profiles, announcements, and even the calendar.

It's based on the guidelines provided by Google, so it's a massive help towards SEO.

http://community.mybb.com/thread-101262.html

(2012-02-25, 05:11 AM)dsimms Wrote: [ -> ]3: I wanna say that mybb supports videos, true?

Indeed, we have support for many major platforms (Youtube, MetaCafe, Dailymotion, etc...) but it's also possible to implement others with a custom MyCode.

(2012-02-25, 05:11 AM)dsimms Wrote: [ -> ]4: How is the spam protection? am I have to setup
q/a on signup? How about under each post before submission?

We have a fairly decent captcha system with support for reCAPTCHA. There are also many anti-spam plugins available along with inbuilt anti-spam features like signature control, hidden captcha, and more. Smile
Edit : not seen above response ..

1. you can use a plugin for allowing group members to post html . ( example plugin : html in posts
2. you can use google SEO plugin
3. yes, posting videos is supported
4. plugins exist to prevent spam ( eg. registration security question ) . cpatcha can be used for guests posting
Thanks guys

I think my decision is pretty clear...

I am also looking for a theme similar to mybb.
It needs to be flxed.

any ideas?

Thanks
(2012-02-25, 05:32 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]Edit : not seen above response ..

1. you can use a plugin for allowing group members to post html . ( example plugin : html in posts
4. plugins exist to prevent spam ( eg. registration security question ) . cpatcha can be used for guests posting

I have tried the html plugin you have suggested, but it fairly vague how to use it. I have tried placing html tags in post, it only showed the code.

any ideas?
(2012-02-25, 05:32 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]Edit : not seen above response ..

I have tried the html plugin you have suggested, but it fairly vague how to use it. I have tried placing html tags in post, it only showed the code. It does not provide a list of codes to use, maybe I am using the code it is looking for...

any ideas?
Did you change the settings so your user or group can use html in posts?