MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 502 Bad Gateway
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm getting a 502 Bad Gateway error every time I want to load a thread on this forum, and the strange thing is that it only happens with Google Chrome (and only on mybb.com board). I've had this problem since a couple of weeks ago and it seems strange that no one else has reported it, maybe the problem is on my end ... but who knows!

Anyone else?
Yes, this is due to the recent issues with high traffic to the site. There have been many threads about this already.
I think the astronaut thing must have really got people interested further in MyBB!!!!!!
(2012-02-26, 07:57 PM)agnxnetworks Wrote: [ -> ]I think the astronaut thing must have really got people interested further in MyBB!!!!!!

Not quite. More of a D(D?)oS attack attempt. Some person has no life whatsoever and seems to want to take it out on MyBB.
could it be the people that run burning board??? thier community is going strong on a contest on another site and also are trying to make other forum software look bad. they are smearing others and making themselves look bad. check for german IPs....
(2012-02-28, 02:58 PM)agnxnetworks Wrote: [ -> ]could it be the people that run burning board??? thier community is going strong on a contest on another site and also are trying to make other forum software look bad. they are smearing others and making themselves look bad. check for german IPs....

I don't mean to be offensive... But... That is the stupidest thing I have possibly heard.

One: They'd use proxies.
Two: How do they try to make other software look bad?
Three: MyBB isn't in the same division. WoltLab gives a full Community suite and a framework.

I'm sorry...
they would be using a hetzner vps or a german amazon ec2 instance to do the attacks. check for ips belonging to those and block em.

they will slow down the performance of this site on purpose so people won't check out mybb and go to other forum software.

it could also be someone that got banned off this forum and they are mad at everyone here.

(2012-02-28, 06:05 PM)agnxnetworks Wrote: [ -> ]they would be using a hetzner vps or a german amazon ec2 instance to do the attacks. check for ips belonging to those and block em.

they will slow down the performance of this site on purpose so people won't check out mybb and go to other forum software.

it could also be someone that got banned off this forum and they are mad at everyone here.

Please stop making accusations at Woltlab. You have no evidence of that. MyBB has German members. Even if the IPs were german, which it wouldn't matter if it were a DDOS attack, because they'd come from the infected machines.

The latter is likely, as there are a few people that MyBB has banned that have DDOS'd in the past.

Though if it's going on right now, I doubt it's a DDOS, moreso the firewall. I have no slowdowns.
woltlab people were attacking a bunch of other forum software official forums by spamming and trolling them.... luckally the posts got deleted asap... I caught a few at xenforo's boards as well as some at VB as well. they are going at it to win this stupid contest. they are spamming and trolling the hell out of other competing forum software and i've seen arguments of wbb fans hating on mybb fans and wars starting.... this could be a reason wbb people could be ddosing mybb's servers.

who else would do this??? someone who got treated badly on here or the scene above.... either one is bad!

I guess it is forum software awareness month or something...

I'm just trying to help out here a little and possibly give an explanation for the attacks. Please don't give me an attitude.
(2012-02-28, 07:11 PM)agnxnetworks Wrote: [ -> ]who else would do this???

Could be anyone. Maybe even you? Smile

(2012-02-28, 07:11 PM)agnxnetworks Wrote: [ -> ]I'm just trying to help

Stop helping.
Pages: 1 2