MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1.2 and templates?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Have there been changes to the templates at all in 1.2? What I'm wondering is, while I'm waiting, could I work on getting my templates customized in 1.1.7 (for cut 'n pasting when 1.2 comes out) or have there been enough changes that I'd have to do major revising so it's best to wait?

Thanks in advance.
Yes there are changes to the templates in 1.2.

I am not sure if 'reverting' the templates will work or not >_>, someone please confim it?
Yes, there are alot of changes to the templates. Mainly to the way the variables are used. I would advise that you wait until the release of 1.2 if you plan on doing some in depth customization. Wink
Is there any possibility of seeing a beta release before the final 1.2 release to allows developers/designers some time ahead of the community to try and rebuild templates or mods?
SnakEyez Wrote:Is there any possibility of seeing a beta release before the final 1.2 release to allows developers/designers some time ahead of the community to try and rebuild templates or mods?

For mods their's a little example with some changes, Tikitiki wrote it ...

http://mybblog.org/blog/?p=6
SnakEyez Wrote:Is there any possibility of seeing a beta release before the final 1.2 release to allows developers/designers some time ahead of the community to try and rebuild templates or mods?

Well v1.2 Beta should be released here really soon... dont quote me on that im just making an assumption there... but from what i understand from others the release is very close.

As far as seeing anything 1.2 related before its release... that isnt going to happen. Sorry man Wink
Ah shoot. Thanks guys. (starts fidgeting)
Actually... i have to take back my previous statement about not being able to see anything 1.2 related.. cause the community forums are running 1.2 Confused
Yea I was just curious about a beta. Because in all honestly, betas should not be used in live environments anyways. That would defeat the purpose of a beta test.
SnakEyez Wrote:Yea I was just curious about a beta. Because in all honestly, betas should not be used in live environments anyways. That would defeat the purpose of a beta test.

Actually, many BBS Teams run their forums on their Beta Product.

This actually helps in the Beta Testing process, because the Development Team can directly see the problem and fix it, making the release of the Final product come faster then it would if we were to rely solely on people who are actually using the beta.