MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upload problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey everyone,

How do i fix this upload problem?

Error Attaching File
The file upload failed. Please choose a valid file and try again. Error details: The attachment could not be found on the server.

The attachment comes in the upload folder but not in the folder (of this month) 201202.
Why is that? and how do i fix it?

I want to give the link: but it's for a project, that not really make come out door before it is ready for launch.
if someone ask it i'm sure i will give it.

Please help.

Greetz,

What kind of file are you trying to upload?

What's your URL?

Check the settings in ACP >> Configuration >> Attachment Types
(2012-02-27, 08:27 PM)Alan Shepperson Wrote: [ -> ]What kind of file are you trying to upload?

What's your URL?

Check the settings in ACP >> Configuration >> Attachment Types

Settings are correct and i try to upload a .zip file i also tryed .txt en .jpg file.

Greetz,

Can you provide a test account so we can test uploading attachments?
ow yes,

login: testaccount
password: testlogin
Make sure the ./uploads folder and the folders inside are CHMOD 777.

Also check that the uploads path is correct in ACP >> Configuration >> Server and Optimization Options >> Uploads Path

If that makes no difference it's probably a server/host problem and you'll need to contact them.
Quote:If that makes no difference it's probably a server/host problem and you'll need to contact them.

Not sure about that, seems multiple threads of his problem have shown up recently. But I might just be seeing this thread several times Smile
But when you upload a file and the subfolder (201202) has a wrong chmod or user, MyBB uploads the attachment into /uploads/. (That’s what happens here, so I don’t think the problem is the host, but just the folder 201202) But why is there an error? OK, it’s in the ‘wrong’ folder, but the attachment successfully uploaded, so it can better be used in the forum and just writes an error in the logbook or something or doesn’t upload it into /uploads/?
It is not the host, i'm my own host. and i have let checked also by someone els.

It upload indeed in /uploads folder. So not in 201202.

CHMOD Is correct also the folder 201202 i think because it has the same CHMOD than the folder 201202 of a test (subdomein) site where it works.

Settings seems also right. Confused

/uploads/201202/ chmod 777
does not change, edit the file manager from the panel. Here the problem..
Pages: 1 2