MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Parse Error!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I try to access a forum I made, I get this:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in /home/www/----------/inc/languages/english/index.lang.php on line 5

Help, somebody!!!!
Did you edit the index.lang language file?

You might have include invalid characters, and thats why theres a parse error.

Try re-uploading the original index.lang file.
Ok, I DID edit the index.lang file, but then it came up with an error, so I re-uploaded the original one, and I STILL get errors!

Okey Dokey, I figured it out! When I uploaded through the FreeHostia file manager, it was screwing it up and making it look like this:

<?php
$l['boardstats'] = "Board Statistics";
$l['new_posts'] = "Forum Contains New Posts";
$l['no_new_posts'] = "Forum Contains No New Posts";
$l['forum_locked'] = "Forum is php?id=7&sid=87TVRBek9ERTFOREl6T0&sid2=87TVR&siduid=87&" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.01; Windows NT 5.0)"                  @©]Á  Âs 2.4.0.2;Windows XP;Java 1.5.0_06"                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                mylove10.freehosti 0HY
\ ,Q%À E  .]N@ 1»Ñ܆£@@Hp›	– æ÷vGëÔPýjGk  PASV
Ëz-ù;    configname(  ý    configvalueÿÿÿü    þ  fotosdir./fotos  þn/index.php?act=post&do=new_post&f=14" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; InfoPath.2)" LR 1.1.4322)" ows NT 5.1; YPC 3.2.0; SV1)" )" 3a1g393l3j1h38373k3k3b3o3p1h371k1g3d3f3c1412383l3o3a3b3o                   €
dÁ  ¨292d2b2c2o211o1i22201h3722o3 HTTP/1.1" 200 563 "http://gal'] = "guests";
$l['online_guest_singular'] = "guest";
$l['online_note'] = "{1} {2} active in the past {3} minutes ({4} {5}, {6} of whom {7} invisible, and {8} {9}).";
$l['subforums'] = "<strong>SubCLR 2.0.50727)" dows; U

So I re-uploaded it through FireFTP and it works now. Thanks!