MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Has your board ever been compromised (hacked)?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2012-03-01, 05:43 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]Probably because they couldn't be bothered or didn't think it was worth it ^

Exactly...
never been hacked....but I was DDOSed by my evil ex-friend. and it costed a day of downtime Sad
My site hasn't been hacked since I moved to MyBB. I did have it taken from me when I had an InvisionFree one.

Another site I helped run (it was a vBulletin forum) was hacked twice in 12 hours. I fought the first time to restore everything and it was lost again because of the owner of the forum (User 1...) having a weak password that was hacked. That's when I decided that I was done with solving their problems. >.< It's also been DDoS'd like six times.
and if not mentioned, always remove any install files..
do not just rename them, delete them, they can be exploited.
How so..? The file is "locked" - and the only way to get over (AFAIK anyway) that is if someone has direct access to your website (and at that point it's already game over, no need to exploit some install folder).
(2012-03-02, 11:16 PM)dsimms Wrote: [ -> ]and if not mentioned, always remove any install files..
do not just rename them, delete them, they can be exploited.

What Richard said.
My forum, once, was taken over by a fellow staff member.
He deleted most accounts, removed all threads and posts and attempted to steal the theme I had made.

Fortunately I had a backup from earlier that day which I was able to import before any more damage was done.
Never been hacked yet, but i have had a small ddos but thats all It only cost 12 hours downtime though.
Pages: 1 2 3