MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Urgent - post management buttons screwed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all

Please please help!

I installed the plugin Master Favourite Posts

this added a new button under each post in the post management bar so users could make the post a favourite which later they can find in User control panel.

Problem is this has screwed up the other buttons in that bar.

The reply button now quotes, The quote button does nothing.

i uninstalled the plugin but it hasnot fixed it.

Where can I look to fix this. the template just shows

<div class="post_management_buttons float_right">{$post['button_spam']}{$post['button_edit']}{$post['button_quickdelete']}{$post['button_quote']}{$post['button_multiquote']}{$post['button_report']}{$post['button_warn']}{$post['button_reply_pm']}{$post['button_replyall_pm']}{$post['button_forward_pm']}{$post['button_delete_pm']}				</div>

So that is OK, it is the links behind this that are broke

Many thanks
EdHuh
OK after calming down a bit and less panic. I have found that the buttons are actually doing what they are supposed to apart from 1.

I am new to mybb and didnt realise that if you press reply on the post management bar rather than the main POST REPLY button on the thread, it is supposed to quote the post you clicked reply on - which makes perfect sense of course.

All that is not working is the Quote button, it just doesnt do anything.

If I install a brand new duplicate version of the template I am using the reply button works. So it seems it is just my current version of the template.
The problem is I can't overwrite my template with the same one to fix it as I have added that many mods and tweaks etc it will take a very long time to get back to this point - if ever!

I have checked the postbit template code and this is identical to when I upload the template as a fresh version so it's not that.

What other template could have changed that is causing QUOTE not to work anymore. The quick reply doesnt change to say a post has been quoted etc. It is though it is not running the javascript.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks
Do you mean the multiquote button? [Image: postbit_multiquote.gif]

Can you provide a URL and test account so we can see the problem?
Thats the one, multiquote. When this is clicked the icon does not change against that post, and nothing happens under quick reply (where it normally says posts have been marked to be quoted)

URL (without the spaces obviously)...

www . kettle bell forum . co . uk

Temporary test account:
user: alan01
pass: helping

There is a template in place at the moment called Ace Navy, this is the default
I have a second occurrence of the same templates (original no tweaks) installed called Navy1

On the default template you will see the issue
In User CP if you change the theme to Navy1 it works fine

I have checked in postbit, header, footer, headerinclude and the templates between the modified version of the template and the original and I can't see any major difference, certainly nothing I can see that would cause this issue

Thanks again for your time

Hi Alan

I have just noticed another issue which is related so may help solve the problem?

If you are on a post, where the forum it is in contains more than 1 page, then the breadbrumbs bar at the top shows a down arrow to select which page you want to go back to.

In Ace Navy this is not working (seems to do nothing like the multiquote button) but on Navy1 it works fine.

Seems I have definitely borke something on this template from running properly. i am just not sure which template file could be at fault.

To see an example navigate to this post

Kettle bell Forum » Health & Fitness » Diet » Slimming World » Your Recipes » Pete's Slimming World Recipe's » Pete’s Mushrooms in a Creamy Sauce
It looks like a JavaScript conflict. Take a look at this link and if you need further help post back - http://api.jquery.com/jQuery.noConflict/