MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to put description on regbox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, I have an issue or rather a question about how to do a spesific thing.

I want all new members that register to put their full name into the username box so that I do not have to change this after each and everyone that signs up.

Is there a plugin of a fix to tell the new registrant to put their full name into the username box upon register to the forum?

Or. e.g. Have a text beside the box telling them to use their full name?

I know there is a field down below, but I cannot find an option in ACP to switch between username and fullname?`

You'll have to change this in the language file or in the templates (depending on which one you can get away with).
Well, thanks, but that did not make me any smarter Smile
ACP >> Configuration >> Languages >> yourlang > Options > Edit Language Variables >> global.lang.php >> username

Or,

ACP >> Templates & Style >> Templates >> yourtheme >> Member Templates >> member_register

Find:
<td colspan="2"><span class="smalltext"><label for="username">{$lang->username}</label></span></td>

Replace with:
<td colspan="2"><span class="smalltext"><label for="username">{$lang->username}<em>(Please enter your full name)</em></label></span></td>
Thank you Alan, case solved..