MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: smart AJAX quick reply
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I really like to use the "ajax quick reply" when I am using vBulletin and I would like to see a similar feature in MyBB. However, I want to suggest to make it a little more smarter. I havn't really thought much on it, but I want it to be like this:

When the post's submitted, check the server to see if there's a new post. If the topic contains new posts since 'last viewed' time, then reload the topic like it currently does or else display the post using DOM (or whatever) without reloading the page.
I personally think that MyBB's Quick Reply isn't really that fast enough. MyBB's Quick Reply is only a small Reply-Box...

Personally, I like IPB's Quick Reply! It is really fast. If the Quick Reply of MyBB can be improved like the Quit Edit, it would be a great improvement!
I'd like to see this to (at least the quick reply without page reload part), but the other thing you requested, if possible, would be nice too.
*bump* Smile ..
I think we were planning to impliment this for 1.2 (because of all the ajax inclusion), but I think chris objected to it (or maybe I'm just loosing my mind)... Either way, Me and Belloman begged for it, but it didn't get in Toungue
I never objected to it - it just hasn't been implemented and won't until at least 1.4.
Chris Boulton Wrote:I never objected to it - it just hasn't been implemented and won't until at least 1.4.

xD I guess I am loosing my mind (ors its been long gone). Glad it'll be implimented atleast Toungue
Tikitiki Wrote:
Chris Boulton Wrote:I never objected to it - it just hasn't been implemented and won't until at least 1.4.

xD I guess I am loosing my mind (ors its been long gone). Glad it'll be implimented atleast Toungue
It's certainly long gone (and as been) Toungue I'm glad this'll get in eventually as well Smile
Dang, I would love to see this feature in 1.2. Also on the list would be the WYSIWYG rich text editor.
maddog39 Wrote:Dang, I would love to see this feature in 1.2. Also on the list would be the WYSIWYG rich text editor.

Hmm that would be 1.4 then...can't wait for 1.4 to come out now Rolleyes
Pages: 1 2