MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: (solved) Global.css customizing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I successfully customized some of the features on global.css file such as logo, background, separators, welcome, etc.... however there are 3 things I cannot find where to modify. I need to change the font color on the line where Search -Member List -Calendar and Help are. The second one is change the font color of word "sub-forum" and the line where the Threads- Posts-Last Posts results are (not the line of those words). This one is weird because it happens every 2 forum lines: one is ok the next one is different color. Finally I need to change the fonts color of the words Contact us - Return to top -Return to content. This seems a "stupid" question but I went thru all the global.css fields and could not find it. Help is appreciated. Thank you.
I'm on my mobile so I can't look up and help you right now. maybe tomorrow...
but there's one thing I think you'll love.
get Google chrome (I love it) then open your site. right-click on the element you want to modify >> click inspect element
you will see a bar at bottom with HTML code on left and CSS on right. you can easily modify the CSS and see the outcome live. then copy the modified global.CSS from chrome

easy enough?
This Chrome thing is great indeed. I will use it from now on. As for my problem, I think it is an issue with the images. I will get through it. Thank you for the Chrome tip.
no problem mate. another tip >>
you can't just change link colors by placing them in a division/span and using color:something;
for changing link colors,
for all links ->> a:link {color:red;text-decoration:NONE;}
For link in a div with specific class >>
.classname a:link {code here}