MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB SQL Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i'm getting this error Occurs when logging in, or attempting to view the forums when logged in. can i please get some help:

Quote:MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1 - Can't create/write to file '/tmp/#sql_7d7_0.MYD' (Errcode: 17)
Query:
SHOW COLUMNS FROM mybb_users LIKE 'unreadpms'

[Image: 8QVbj.png]
You'll have to contact your host. It's most likely that the /tmp/ directory isn't writeable.
(2012-02-29, 01:24 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]You'll have to contact your host. It's most likely that the /tmp/ directory isn't writeable.

Ok... Doing that right now! Thank you for your help Big Grin

(2012-02-29, 01:24 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]You'll have to contact your host. It's most likely that the /tmp/ directory isn't writeable.

I have contacted my host, but found no problems.
What should I do now??

thanks

There's nothing we can do about it. It's an issue with your host, not MyBB.
(2012-02-29, 05:24 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]There's nothing we can do about it. It's an issue with your host, not MyBB.

ok .... I will contact my host again.

hmm... if the host I can not fix, what should I do?
If your host can't fix a simple problem like this you should get a better web host.
(2012-02-29, 05:49 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]If your host can't fix a simple problem like this you should get a better web host.

thanks for the advice. Big Grin

hmm ... whether this issue is damaging my forum database?
Your database should be fine. It's just an issue with the server, not MySQL or the databases.
(2012-02-29, 05:58 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]Your database should be fine. It's just an issue with the server, not MySQL or the databases.

Ok.... thank you for the explanation.
now .... I just wait for my host how to solve this problem.

thanks Nathan Big Grin