MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Allow supermods to use ban function
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Set your Super Moderator group to be able to access the AdminCP. After that, all SuperMods will show up on the Admin Permissions page (with all access set to "no"). Simply set "Can Manage Users" to "Yes." Your SuperMods can now access the AdminCP to ban users (or change account details) and they can do nothing else in the AdminCP.
Galen Wrote:Set your Super Moderator group to be able to access the AdminCP. After that, all SuperMods will show up on the Admin Permissions page (with all access set to "no"). Simply set "Can Manage Users" to "Yes." Your SuperMods can now access the AdminCP to ban users (or change account details) and they can do nothing else in the AdminCP.

But.. They also have access to edit users and stuff. I like the idea of super mods having banning abilitys, but don't want to give them access to the acp. My solution is, make a moderator cp, then create a new permission, "Super Moderator Permission".

Thread and Post Persmssions
Can Edit Posts
Can Delete Posts
Can View IPs
Can Open and Close Threads
Can Manage Threads (Split, Move, Copy)

Forum Permissions
Can Post Announcements
Can Moderate New Posts and Thread Awaiting Moderation

User Persmssions
Can Temporary Ban Users
Can Permanently Ban Users
Can Edit Signatures

Another neat idea I was thinking about, is you have a select box of all your forums where you can manage which forums each super moderator can moderate.
i'd also love to see that option, so supermods can ban users..
Pages: 1 2