MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Update From ACP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Its possible to add option
Update forum from ACP
(2012-02-29, 01:22 PM)lexy Wrote: [ -> ]Its possible to add option
Update forum from ACP

You mean like the feature in Wordpress?

It is possible, and a good feature to have.
Software is heading this way, so I am hoping for this. Of course, the problem is that there is a lot of room for errors, since PHP is just doing what it's told, but you have common sense.
As long as this has an option to be disabled, I'm fine with it. Sure, it's nice to have, but Imho, just leaves another thing to worry about.
(2012-02-29, 06:09 PM)Lo. Wrote: [ -> ]As long as this has an option to be disabled, I'm fine with it. Sure, it's nice to have, but Imho, just leaves another thing to worry about.
No one said auto-updating. Plus, you should be updating anyways. But a disable toggle wouldn't kill us.
(2012-03-01, 01:15 AM)GamerVoid Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-02-29, 06:09 PM)Lo. Wrote: [ -> ]As long as this has an option to be disabled, I'm fine with it. Sure, it's nice to have, but Imho, just leaves another thing to worry about.
No one said auto-updating. Plus, you should be updating anyways. But a disable toggle wouldn't kill us.

I didn't suggest auto updating. Updating from the ACP just leaves another way for a board to be attacked. Sure, it's useful. It's also unlikely that someone would hack it.
But general rule of security is the more you have, the more that can go wrong.
I dunno who would hack to upgrade a board for the owner (how nice of them!). It could require a password stored in config.php?
(2012-03-01, 07:50 PM)Lo. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-03-01, 01:15 AM)GamerVoid Wrote: [ -> ]

I didn't suggest auto updating. Updating from the ACP just leaves another way for a board to be attacked. Sure, it's useful. It's also unlikely that someone would hack it.
But general rule of security is the more you have, the more that can go wrong.

Wordpress has it and its working properly. If coded correctly (which MYBB developers will) it won't be a security issue.