MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: phpBB vs MyBB 1.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2012-02-29, 08:51 PM)vellatechie Wrote: [ -> ]mybb to mybb??

You can use the merge system to merge two existing MyBB forums together.
(2012-02-29, 08:53 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-02-29, 08:51 PM)vellatechie Wrote: [ -> ]mybb to mybb??

You can use the merge system to merge two existing MyBB forums together.

Ohh wow thats great.. I couldve used something similar for phpBB couple of years back.. But anyways looking forward to myBB now.. I hope it goes well..
(2012-02-29, 08:51 PM)vellatechie Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-02-29, 08:31 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]There shouldn't be any issues at all so long as the original merge to phpBB was flawless. The merge system is very good and Dylan's always quick to answer any queries you may have.

I will start conversion in a day or two hopefully.. Will post if i get stuck somewhere Smile

(2012-02-29, 08:46 PM)JimR Wrote: [ -> ]Oddly enough I did merges from all the software I have on my localhost and the worst was from mybb to mybb the rest worked perfect and mybb to mybb did give a slight issue (don't ask me what it was but I seem to remember it was something to do with user avatars). But as your site is phpbb I would guess it will work perfectly (my conversion was from phpbb 3 ->mybb 1.64 )

mybb to mybb??
As stated you can merge 2 mybb boards together .... back in the 80's I wrote software to merge versions of Merlin BBS note ... if anyone has a dos machine and a modem I have a version and the required fossil driver to test it out Big Grin .... <off topic> sorry
Tell me about the coding though. I just really dig the fact that phpBB is XHTML [undefined=undefined]Strict[/undefined]. Very clean and fast loading. Google would have to approve of that too I would think.

What's the difference between XHTML Traditional and Strict and why doesn't myBB switch to XHTML Strict?

Not being argumentative, just curious. Thanks...

PS...tried to BOLD the word Strict above and couldn't for some reason, says "undefined".
(2012-11-23, 05:23 PM)error Wrote: [ -> ]Tell me about the coding though. I just really dig the fact that phpBB is XHTML [undefined=undefined]Strict[/undefined]. Very clean and fast loading. Google would have to approve of that too I would think.

What's the difference between XHTML Traditional and Strict and why doesn't myBB switch to XHTML Strict?

PS...tried to BOLD the word Strict above and couldn't for some reason, says "undefined".

http://community.mybb.com/thread-127983.html
Yep, using FF 16, thanks for the info.
(2012-11-23, 05:23 PM)error Wrote: [ -> ]Tell me about the coding though. I just really dig the fact that phpBB is XHTML [undefined=undefined]Strict[/undefined]. Very clean and fast loading. Google would have to approve of that too I would think.

MyBB was written using Traditional to take advantage of certain attributes and tags which Strict doesn't allow. Traditional basically allows more freedom when it comes to using HTML. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

http://24ways.org/2005/transitional-vs-strict-markup/

There's no real point changing this in a minor release. MyBB 2.0 will be using HTML by the looks of it.
mybb is the best of free discussion script!
(2012-11-24, 02:24 PM)tamnguyen949 Wrote: [ -> ]mybb is the best of free discussion script!

Let me double second this. And it is better than some of the paid forums too.
I've used vB, phpBB, and MyBB extensively. I like MyBB a lot better. This community and the great personalities of the staff is also a plus.

The only thing that pains me is the lack of an attractive and functional wysiwyg editor.
Pages: 1 2 3