MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Transfer hosting services, can I just copy the whole directory?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I am trying to transfer web hosting services but I would like to take my whole forum from my previous hoster to the new one. I am using the same domain on the new host that I used on the old so can I just take the entire main directory of the old host and paste it in the fresh mybb install of the new host? or how do i get the merge system to work across websites?
(2012-02-29, 06:41 PM)Natokill4 Wrote: [ -> ]So I am trying to transfer web hosting services but I would like to take my whole forum from my previous hoster to the new one. I am using the same domain on the new host that I used on the old so can I just take the entire main directory of the old host and paste it in the fresh mybb install of the new host? or how do i get the merge system to work across websites?

why not copy (via ftp) the forum directory (and child directories) to your pc make a backup of the mysql database. with your new hosts phpmyadmin import the database and upload the forum folders back ... then edit (you could do this before) inc/config.php to reflect the new database, username and password, note well you may have to change other options but without knowing your new host it is difficult to work out the other settings. Or you could run the merge software which works fine