MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: phpMyAdmin password
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Our website use MyBB 1.6 Forums. Under phpMyAdmin environment, I changed password. After I got out, cannot log in again, and cannot even access the forum webpage. What should I do?

The URL is www.fengyanforum.org
Did you change the password in ./inc/config.php?

Also you should never use the root MySQL user for web applications. You should create a separate user with a separate password.
(2012-02-29, 08:00 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]Did you change the password in ./inc/config.php?

Also you should never use the root MySQL user for web applications. You should create a separate user with a separate password.

OK, I should update password in ./inc/config.php as well (cannot do it right now, no ftp connection). But why cannot access phpMyAdmin.
Did you flush your privileges after?
(2012-02-29, 08:08 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]Did you flush your privileges after?

No.
If you're 100% sure the password is correct, try and restart the MySQL daemon.
What commond line will be used? Thanks for all the help.
I'm assuming you have access to the server as you have access to the MySQL root account; service mysqld restart is commonly used for CentOS/Redhat/Fedora installations.
(2012-02-29, 08:39 PM)outlook Wrote: [ -> ]What commond line will be used? Thanks for all the help.

the error
1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

from your site looks wrong have you opened your pc as a web server ?
(2012-02-29, 08:46 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]I'm assuming you have access to the server as you have access to the MySQL root account; service mysqld restart is commonly used for CentOS/Redhat/Fedora installations.

OK, the problem is resolved. I'll create another dabase user account for forum application. Thanks again.
Pages: 1 2