MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My forum is not sending activation mails
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
You don't receive an email when the administrator activates the account manually, you only do if you have it as "Send Email Verification" or "Send Random Password".

~ David
Oh ok, I tought a mail was sent anyway. I'm a member of a couple of foruns where the users are manually activated and I got a message. I'll change the settings then.

I wanted manual activation because I had a bad experience in the past with spam bots. How can I defend my forum from them? Any advice?

And thanks for all the help Wink
(2012-02-29, 11:26 PM)nuno Wrote: [ -> ]Oh ok, I tought a mail was sent anyway. I'm a member of a couple of foruns where the users are manually activated and I got a message. I'll change the settings then.

I wanted manual activation because I had a bad experience in the past with spam bots. How can I defend my forum from them? Any advice?

And thanks for all the help Wink
Set the registered group to have posts moderated then perhaps add an extra user group for real users (they can post freely) and promote users to the new group .... or add a plugin to do it for you there are a few out there look at TomK's plugin here
OK, I'll look into it.

Thanks for all the help Jim and Vernier!
Turn back on administrator activation, I use this system and it is the BEST. Then, Install this plugin: http://mods.mybb.com/view/admin-activate-email It will send users an e-mail when they are activated by Administrators
Thanks for the link Projec13, that's exactly what I want.

The thing is, is not working... the solution Vernier and Jim gave me is not working, even with the automatic sending there are no mails being sent. And with that plugin is the same, no emails Sad

(2012-03-01, 12:47 AM)nuno Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the link Projec13, that's exactly what I want.

The thing is, is not working... the solution Vernier and Jim gave me is not working, even with the automatic sending there are no mails being sent. And with that plugin is the same, no emails Sad

still set to admin verification ?
Yes I changed it again to admin verification to test the plugin Projec13 sugested, but I also tried to do what you said and It didn't work.

EDIT: OK I changed it back, right now is set to "Send Email Verification". If someone wants to try... my friend didn't receive any automatic email.
(2012-03-01, 01:05 AM)nuno Wrote: [ -> ]Yes I changed it again to admin verification to test the plugin Projec13 sugested, but I also tried to do what you said and It didn't work.

EDIT: OK I changed it back, right now is set to "Send Email Verification". If someone wants to try... my friend didn't receive any automatic email.
my ip has been blocked .... I tried to register but failed
How do I unblock your IP?
Pages: 1 2 3