MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My forum is not sending activation mails
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Good evening everyone

I'm a noob and just installed my forum yesterday, but I can´t get emails sent to people registering. I did the php mail test and it's working, so the host is not the problem.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks
Forum URL?
(2012-02-29, 09:12 PM)nuno Wrote: [ -> ]http://atuavoz.com/

I tried to register .... I could not get through the captcha image, so there is the point that no one can register so therefore no emails would be sent
I can see the people who tried to register in the ACP so they got past the captcha.

But what happened? Why couldn't you get trough it?
(2012-02-29, 10:24 PM)nuno Wrote: [ -> ]I can see the people who tried to register in the ACP so they got past the captcha.

But what happened? Why couldn't you get trough it?

I do not understand Portuguese so I used google translate ... I entered username,password and email (all went green) ... I then entered the captcha code which always was in error (tried 10 times)... have you some plugins set or something other than the default settings ?

error message A imagem de verificação que está a tentar verificar, não existe.
That says the message you're trying to verify doesn't exist. In the bottom you can change the language to english by the way.

I made some changes to the template and added adsense, other than that nothing, I didn't instal any plugins.

I got past the recaptcha, just translated the message I received after registration:

Thank you for registering with YOUR VOICE, Vernier.
Your registration must be activated by an Administrator. Meanwhile, it will not be able to post in the forum.

ACP -> configuration -> User Registration and Profile Options -> Registration Method ->Send email verification

~ David
I really wanted to use administrator activation. But even when I activate the accounts manually, people don't get any email warning them. For exemple I just activated your account, did you receive anything?
(2012-02-29, 10:45 PM)nuno Wrote: [ -> ]That says the message you're trying to verify doesn't exist. In the bottom you can change the language to english by the way.

I made some changes to the template and added adsense, other than that nothing, I didn't instal any plugins.

got logged in but the reply was

Thank you for registering on A TUA VOZ, JimR7.
Your registration must be activated by an administrator. Until then, you may not be able to post on these forums.

so I would guess as the admin is activating registration no automatic email will be sent (down to admin to send email on activation) to send emails automatically change the setting to "send email verification" rather than "administrator Verification" in ACP->Settings->User Registration and Profile Options
Pages: 1 2 3