MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: reksio theme help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
how do I change the color when you hover over the menu items?!

and how do I change the width of the site so that it doesn't create a horizontal scroll for people using 1024X768 screen resolutions?

the theme is live on my site:
http://shavenookcom.fatcow.com/mybb/

Global css
Find
.menu_search .menu_btn {
	background: #000 url(../../../images/reksio/search_btn.png) center no-repeat;
	width: 25px;
	color: #fff;
	border: none;
	cursor: pointer;
}
Remove the "cursor: pointer;"

Find:
.menu ul a:hover {
	-webkit-transition: color 0.5s linear;
	-moz-transition: color 0.5s linear;
	-o-transition: color 0.5s linear;
	text-shadow: 6px 6px 12px magenta;
}
Change Magenta to whatever color you want to use
(2012-02-29, 10:12 PM)x-Treme Wrote: [ -> ]Global css
Find
.menu_search .menu_btn {
	background: #000 url(../../../images/reksio/search_btn.png) center no-repeat;
	width: 25px;
	border: none;
	cursor: pointer;
}
Remove the "cursor: pointer;"

Find:
.menu ul a:hover {
	-webkit-transition: color 0.5s linear;
	-moz-transition: color 0.5s linear;
	-o-transition: color 0.5s linear;
	text-shadow: 6px 6px 12px magenta;
}
Change Magenta to whatever color you want to use

thanks.

now how do I shorten up the page to get rid of the horizontal scroll on a 1024X768 screen resolution?

reducing the container width doesn't seem to help all that much.
Again in the global css find #container and change the width to a fluid width like maybe 80%. Or adjust it to meet your needs.
(2012-03-01, 12:25 AM)x-Treme Wrote: [ -> ]Again in the global css find #container and change the width to a fluid width like maybe 80%. Or adjust it to meet your needs.

set it to 90, and it only changes the width of the actual forum section, not the top portion, which is what needs to be scaled down.
The top portion is set to 100% (header) so it should only fill 100% of your screen...not go beyond that so as to need a scroll bar.
Unless I am completely misunderstanding you because there is no scroll bar on my screen when I view your site.

A screenshot perhaps?
(2012-03-01, 12:42 AM)x-Treme Wrote: [ -> ]The top portion is set to 100% (header) so it should only fill 100% of your screen...not go beyond that so as to need a scroll bar.
Unless I am completely misunderstanding you because there is no scroll bar on my screen when I view your site.

A screenshot perhaps?

have to have your screen set at 1024X768.

few screenshots;

[attachment=25639]
[attachment=25640]
[attachment=25641]
It's because your logo is pushing the welcome block over to the right. Resize your logo a little.
(2012-03-01, 11:28 AM)x-Treme Wrote: [ -> ]It's because your logo is pushing the welcome block over to the right. Resize your logo a little.

it did it before I changed the logo.

I'll test it tomorrow if I get some downtime at work.
.inner (in theme's global.css) has a fixed width and it appears to be causing the trouble ...